Maybe Halloween snuck up on you and all the decorations are picked over or basically gone now. Maybe you hate the DIY movement with a fiery passion because you weren’t blessed with the crafty gene. It’s okay, we get it. You don’t need to join a support group for the artfully impaired! Luckily, the Halloween spirit can be achieved with just some lighting and great sound effects, and it won’t take more than a few clicks on your computer or a quick download. SteerList has gathered the best and most memorable Halloween music for you to play, no scissors or glue stick required. Just add speakers/ a CD player and press play!
1) These “Fright Night” scary sound effects instantly turn your house into a haunted mansion. Full of creaky doors and spooky voices, this is definitely a perfect way to set the mood if you’re into the chilling fun of a theatrical show.
2) “The Monster Mash”! A classic, this song is a hit with the kids and adults. A little silly, upbeat, and full of vintage charm, it’s perfect for a more festive sound. Fun fact: The BBC banned this song from being played on the airwaves in 1962 because they deemed it “too morbid”!
3) If you’re a kid at heart, then go with “This is Halloween” from the movie “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” This song allows you to hear the voices of several monsters as you travel through Halloween town. The upbeat tune balances the creepy voices, and will probably not scare kids too much because most have seen this kid-friendly movie.
4) This song by “The Pierces” was really popular with TV shows not too long ago. “Secret” is dangerously catchy, and its lullaby rhythm gently calms you while also adding an air of unease when you listen to the words. Always remember: “Two can keep a secret when one of them is dead.” This is a great Halloween song, and it’s lesser-known, so it’s not cliche.
5) THE THEME SONG FROM GHOSTBUSTERS! A cult classic, this song makes people happy from the first “Who you gonna call?” Not really scary at all, this totally 80s-tastic song playing on your porch will have people shouting “GHOST BUSTERS!” all night!
6) Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” is the epitome of a Halloween classic. Full of creepy sound effects AND a killer song, don’t be surprised if you look out your window and see a flash mob outside doing the choreography!
7) “I Put a Spell on You.” This slow and spellbinding song is also great for a less cliche choice. It’s also less “dance party” and more “hypnotizing.”
8) “Disturbia” by Rihanna is a more modern song for a younger crowd. It’s a fun party song, and less frightening, more… what’s the word… disturbing!
9) “Man with the Hex” by the Atomic Fireballs. This song has a great, bouncy swing style to it, you won’t mind hearing it on repeat all night because you’ll be dancing and jumping along!
If you need to grab anything from the store at the last minute (candy, pumpkins, etc.) make sure to download SteerList. grocery list app, to do list app, and location based app. We’re all of the above, and we’ll help you get it done!
Download our app for FREE in the iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/steer-list/id661605663?ls=1&mt=8